- Client: Network Rail
- Service: Assurance and Project Management
- Status: Ongoing
- Location: London
The principal objective of the multi-billion pound Thameslink Programme was to increase accessibility to, from and through the heart of London and allow a major expansion on Thameslink Routes. The programme provided the infrastructure to allow a major expansion of Thameslink services.
The infrastructure changes required to achieve this involved:
- The substantial remodelling of Farringdon Station.
- The effective rebuilding of Blackfriars Station and London Bridge Station.
- The construction of a new viaduct west of London Bridge over Borough Market.
- Integra was engaged to manage the LU interface associated with these works, primarily Farringdon and Blackfriars Stations which were, in essence, new stations.
Integra were tasked with the provision of a team responsible for establishing and maintaining all processes across the LU interface. This included the management of the LU Compensation Budget and associated Agreements, access and possessions, asset protection, operational requirements, and the establishment of approaches for the phased introduction of assets, into an operational environment as part of a holistic handback strategy.